The Church was restructured towards the end of the eighteenth century, it still has its fourteenth-century facade and portal
The church is known until the year 1105 and was dependent on the monastery of St. Mantua Benedict in Polirone
Montecarlo: fortified medieval village dominating the plain of Lucca.
Set on an isolated hill at 162 above sea level. in the province of Lucca, Montecarlo is located almost halfway between Lucca and Montecatini Terme amd between Florence and Pisa