The Church of Sant'Anna
The small church at the Monastery of Poor Clares in Montecarlo was built from 1610 to 1614 on the back of the Praetorian Palace, designed by the Florentine architect Gherardo Mechini commissioned by Grand Duke of Tuscany Cosimo II. Open to worship together at the Convent on May Day 1614 was dedicated to Maria's mother, Anne, and officiated by an ecclesiastical benefice of the Baker family. Inside there are now works of art. In the past we had kept the panel in tempera performed in 1434 by Francis Anguilla, depicting the Madonna enthroned with the child on his left arm, which today you can see at the Museum of the Rosary Chapel in the Collegiate Church of St. Andrea. In the church, until the end of the eighteenth century, were buried in the convent of cloistered nuns. At the same time the nuns planned the construction of a new and larger church lie in the square on the side of the Convent of the Fortress, but the deletions made Napoleon vain about it. The church is celebrated every evening the S. Mass at 18.00.